Thursday, August 18, 2016

Community Service

I am glad to announce I have completed my twenty hours of community service. And more.

First I must say that starting it early on was amazing advice given to me by the previous Yr 8's. It's a great feeling to have nearly everything you need to do done by Term three. I get Term four off! If anyone was to ask me advice about Community service starting early would most definitely be my answer.

I got most of it done at the library in Rangiora, by shelving books and blacking out the tags on books they were giving away. It was great to give back to them especially since I get books out frequently. I also used the chance given to me by the school to do Rotary Club. Time flew by really quickly when I was in charge of the stove. Although my face almost got burnt a few times! I plan on adding a few more hours to achieve my goal of 46 hours at the end of the year. I think I might cook for the local church, where they'll give it away to those who can't cook for themselves.

I hope others found this as rewarding as I did. I feel grateful that I was given the opportunity to give back.

2 comments:

  1. Great job Derrin. You have done an enormous amount of community service and have given alot to the community. you must be very proud of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Derrin - what a champion! You can feel extremely proud of your efforts. I like your reflective thoughts too about how beneficial it has been for you too as well as others.

    ReplyDelete