Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Travel- Christchurch

Christchurch is filled with many amazing opportunities, something I learnt recently. From parks you could spend all day in, to a unique way to travel through the city. Seeing as there are so many great places to visit that not many people would think to go to, I’ve decided to share my experience in hope of giving others ideas for an enjoyable trip into the city.
While planning our day we needed to find a form of transport, walking from point A to B would be tiring if we were to do it throughout the whole day. We then found the Christchurch Tram, a way to move through the the city I highly recommend. With seventeen different stops to get on and off at, the tram makes getting around Christchurch simple. Add on the interesting information given to you by the tram driver during the ride, the Tram is the best option.

 
Now you have a form of transportation you need somewhere to go. The first place I went to happens to also have been my favorite. The museum is a hard place to miss when considering going to Christchurch, but most of my group was unaware of the amazing exhibition inside. If you ever get some spare time, you need to go to the Air New Zealand 75yr exhibit. With a variety of interactive activities this is the best way to go. My personal highlight was definitely the virtual reality I took part in, which everyone should try.

 
The new addition to Christchurch, The Margaret Mahy Playground will definitely have caught your eye if you went for a day out. So instead of selling you this park which should already be on your agenda, I will instead give you a few tips about what you must do. The water section is great for kids, so long as you don’t mind them getting wet. The twisting slide that draws your attention first, gets a bit cramped near the top when you’re getting up. The slide down is well worth it though.

After such tiring activities you’re going to need a break for lunch. If the proud advertising surrounding
the shipping container mall settled near the middle of the city didn’t draw you in, then the promise of food should. The mall offers you plenty of choices on both the food and shopping front, though located next to the Cozy Cafe is a set of signs that I wouldn’t advise thinking about for too long.

Now if you plan to head to Christchurch there is a very tiny chance that you haven’t heard about the earthquakes. While devastating natural occurrences, they have proven to be an intriguing subject many have wanted to learn more about. If you happen to be someone who does wish to know more, Quake City is definitely something you should check out. With a spot to make your own earthquake, video footage to examine and a section to build your own house from Lego, they have something for everyone.

I came across too much on my day in Christchurch to out into this, but having shared with you some must see places I hope it inspires you to take another look at the city. It’s evolving every day and new things to see just keep popping up. So I hope if you make a trip through this ever expanding place you find it as enjoyable as I have.

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic account of your day in Christchurch Derrin. You have summarised your points very well and I think that most people reading them will want to go there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is clearly worth $100, a very professional piece of writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Derrin because I didn't go to quake city with you I want to go now. That was a very persuasive peice of writing and I like the layout of your page. It all flowed and with all the pictures it added to the page making it colourful and interesting. I always come to your blog to see great peices of writing because you have a nautral talent for it.

    ReplyDelete