Friday, November 11, 2016

Kayaking

On the 9th of November all of the Yr 8's, including myself, went all the way to Christchurch for kayaking. I was placed in a group that I would remain with for the rest of the day. The day moved quickly, with us all trying to steer our kayaks properly and ending up bumping into others anyway. During one of our activities we had to stand up in our kayak, it turns out that I have terrible balance because as soon as I tried I promptly fell into the water. Though, I redeemed myself later in the day by successfully standing up. It was at the end of the day when my favourite part occurred, Jack and Eb had decided that pushing a kayak down the bank, while in it, would be great fun. After failing in a few of their first attempts I was called to help. I proceeded to spend the majority of the time left pushing other people in kayaks, though I did get a turn myself.

Overall, I had a blast kayaking and now it's safe to say I've finished all my WPCA Activities. 

1 comment:

  1. You can be very proud of yourself Derrin. Kayaking certainly sounded like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete