Thursday, May 19, 2016

The Cameleon



The noise inside was loud, as was to be expected for girls. They were oblivious to my presence as I made my way into the crowd. That was to be expected as well. The plan was working perfectly. I just needed a bit more height for the angles to be exact. Spotting a flimsy looking bench set along the wall, I decided that it would be good enough for the shot.


However, I knew if I didn't act soon I would be spotted, my whole plan was based on the fact that their attentions would be turned to the pair spinning a wild story. Despite my mission I found myself listening in to the brunette as she spoke loudly, her words directed to the blonde near her.


I caught a glimpse of the conversation as I set up quickly on the bench, something about a photo. Or to be exact “THE PHOTO”. They were making it very clear it wasn't just any photo. Maybe it was of some importance? The more probable conclusion was that it was just some elaborate lie folded into the story to make it interesting.


A sharp flash illuminated the the small shadows, just enough to give the picture more depth and still easy to see. Not stopping to give it a glance, I quickly made my way down. The pair were nearing the end of their tale and I could tell the brunette kept turning in my direction. She was harder to get past undetected than I had anticipated but her attention seemed focused enough on the story. Nonetheless I had a limited amount of time before she would no longer have that distraction.


I slipped out through a crack near the door, watching as the girls began to filter out, joining the boys near a bench, much stronger than the one inside thankfully. With a last glance at the group, I left.

2 comments:

  1. Nice one Derrin! No-ones going to no what it's about! " THE PHOTO"! They will have no idea why it's called 'The Cameleon'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be worse if they did understand though!

      Delete